JOIN OUR TEAM
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Are you looking for a farm job for the 2021 season? Are you interested in learning about organic cut flower production?
FARM CREW – Part time
We're hiring for a field crew member to join our small team. This part time position will begin in mid June and will continue right through to early to mid September.
The ideal candidate:
• has an interest in local sustainable cut flower production
• is self-motivated and works efficiently
• is hard working and able to work in all outside conditions: wind, rain, heat, cold, mud, dust as well as beautiful sunny days
• is physically fit and capable of plenty of bending, lifting, kneeling and standing
• is able to follow detailed instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner
• is available to work weekends
The ideal candidate will either have some previous agricultural experience such as mixed vegetable production or diverse cut flower production, or is interested in gaining experience in cut flower production.
Duties will involve planting, harvesting, weeding, packing and preparing cut flowers for sale as well as other general farm tasks. The candidate may also be assisting with a Saturday or Sunday farmer’s market or performing sales at our farm stand. Minimum starting wage is $15.25 per hour (+ 4% vacation pay). We offer a small produce patch for you to pick from for personal use after hours, a 45 minute lunch break and a farm work environment shared with two other organic farm operations. You will also be able to take home flowers to share, enjoy for yourself or to hang and dry. This position will typically be for 24 hours a week. Work days will typically be Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, though some flexibility is required. It is partly funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
Eligible applicants must:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Please see our full job description with HERE.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org